If you have been looking for a filling but healthy soup for the colder months, you will love this low-calorie chicken soup!
Now that the colder months are here to stay for a while, it’s time to try out some new soup recipes. Our chicken soup is filled with fresh vegetables to keep you healthy throughout fall and winter. This soup will satisfy your hunger, warm your body, and energize your spirit.
Commercial soups are generally high in sodium, and they contain preservatives to extend their shelf life. Another problem with pre-made soup options found at the grocery store is that they typically lack the amount of protein necessary for a proper bariatric diet. Even the beef and chicken soups labeled “hearty” lack an adequate level of quality protein.
As always, the Bari Life team provides a recipe that leaves out the useless items, and instead, contains life-affirming ingredients, including Bari Life Chicken Bouillon Protein Soup. The fresh ingredients and Bari Life Bouillon add flavor and high-quality protein to this recipe.
Make the most of your weekend, and whip up a pot of this tasty chicken soup for your weekly meal prep. This is the perfect meal for anyone who seeks the comfort and nutritional benefits of a homemade soup. You will get the protein, energy, and warmth you need to tackle the coldest of winter days!
Enjoy this recipe from your Bari Life team – Happy Cooking!
Cold Weather Chicken Veggie Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 small onion
- 2 celery stalks (chopped into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 cup mini corn cobs (optional – you may also use fresh or frozen regular corn)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 green onions
- 3 chopped chicken breasts
- 6 cups of Bari Life Chicken Bouillon Protein Soup (follow the Bari Life directions for Bouillon mixed with water)
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, onions, celery, and carrots, and sauté for 7 minutes or until tender.
- Toss in the zucchini, cabbage, and corn, and sauté for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the spices, Bari Life Chicken Bouillon, and chopped chicken, and bring to a boil. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach and green onions, and cook for 2 to 5 more minutes over medium heat.
Simple, quick, and delicious!