When you decided to have bariatric surgery you also made a lifelong commitment to your health. Do not put yourself at greater risk to develop a vitamin deficiency by not taking your supplements. Taking the correct dose of vitamins is one of the most important things to ensure you stay healthy long after bariatric surgery. Bari Life develops affordable and high quality bariatric vitamins that are highly effective and all in one bottle simple!
Vitamin and mineral supplementation is required post bariatric surgery because:
- Bariatric procedures intentionally create a state of malabsorption to help instigate weight loss
- After surgery you are eating a lot less, so it is harder to get all the nutrition you need from food alone and vitamin supplementation is necessary
- In a gastric bypass the stomach is made much smaller and the top portion of the intestines are bypassed (meaning food does not go through that part anymore)-this means less absorption of important vitamins and minerals found in a regular diet without vitamin supplementation
- Procedures such as the gastric bypass, vertical sleeve gastrectomy and duodenal switch require more vitamin supplementation than an adjustable band patient
It is important to make a lifetime commitment and to be diligent about taking your bariatric vitamin supplements every day. The vitamins and minerals most at risk include:
- Vitamin B12: Fatigue, depression, bleeding gums and memory loss are the common signs of deficiency. Vitamin B-12 is necessary for the proper brain functioning and building red blood cells.
- Thiamin: Extremely low levels can cause neuropathy and heart failure.
- Vitamin D and calcium: Low levels of Vitamin D and Calcium can increase your risk of bone loss and osteoporosis. It also causes some cancers and autoimmune diseases. This is because Vitamin D is required to help you absorb calcium in your body which helps in strengthening bones and teeth.
- Iron: This is the most common deficiency seen after gastric bypass. Low levels of iron can result in dizziness, fatigue, headaches, cold hands and feet and rapid heartbeat. Iron is required to build healthy red blood cells in your body. Vitam
- Vitamin A: This deficiency is also common with gastric bypass patients. It also occurs when there is a duodenal switch and banding. The signs include dry eyes, eye inflammation, rough or dry skin and night blindness
The number of supplements one should take is often dictated by the type of procedure and the potential for malabsorption. Bari Life Bariatric Supplements provides a simple regimen for every type of procedure to give you the recommended nutrients and minerals you need post bariatric surgery. Nutritional deficiencies can take a while to appear, but they can be extremely serious when they do. Prevention is important! Make sure to have your lab work done regularly. Even if you follow all of your doctor’s orders and are religious with your vitamin regimen, deficiencies can still occur. However, with routine lab work, a deficiency should be caught early! And deficiencies found in the earlier stages tends to be much easier to treat as opposed to finding them late where there can be serious problems.
Bari Life nutritional supplements come in a powder and tablet form. The powder is recommended right after surgery for the first four weeks for all patients, but after the four weeks any patient can choose to switch to the tablet or keep taking the powder. TAKE YOUR VITAMINS! =)
To your health!
The Bari Life Team
Bari Life provides high quality bariatric vitamins that are clinically proven supplements to help in post bariatric surgery. Order Online Here barilifeau.wpengine.com